Company: Gans, Gans & Associates
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Executive Director is directly responsible to the
Clarksville Housing Authority (CHA) Board of Commissioners (BOC)
and has total responsibility for administering, managing,
maintaining, planning, and directing the Agency's programs. The
ideal candidate should have general knowledge of HUD housing
management, HUD fiscal management principles and strong Development
experience. The ED will potentially identify non-HUD funds and
grants to supplement programs and develop a process for receiving
non-HUD funds. Experience with non-profit fund raising would be
highly regarded. The ED is the Agency's primary liaison with the
Board of Commissioners (BOC), HUD, and state and local entities as
well as contact with the residents, the general public, federal,
state, and local government, and community social service agencies.
The ED should also possess knowledge of RAD conversion and
Low-Income Tax Credits to assist the CHA in future modernization
and developments. Work includes making decisions involving policy
interpretation or exercising independent judgment within the
framework of established policy, procedures, and laws. Performance
of the duties requires the application of executive skills,
significant public relations and community engagement skills, and
the exercise of initiative, tact, and independent judgment.
Supervision and accountability of all professional, administrative,
and technical staff. All activities must support the CHA mission,
strategic goals, and objectives. In addition, the ED will attend
board meetings as a professional member, advising and recommending
on policies and matters such as fiscal affairs, construction and
modernization of developments, and maintenance of existing
properties. The ED will have oversight of 510 public housing units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities The position duties and
responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope
of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required
and assigned, as needed.
- Supervises all phases of the Housing Authority's operations,
consulting employees in conference, reviewing records and reports,
and periodically inspecting the condition of Authority owned
buildings and grounds.
- Authorizes expenditures, maintains budget controls and reviews
financial and status reports.
- Participates in the handling of bids, supervising the
advertising and evaluation of proposals received, and making
recommendations to the Board of Commissioners concerning the
awarding of contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining all contracts, agreements,
documents, and records for the Housing Authority, making sure of
the implementation of all phases of operations are on
- Provides broad guidance in all stages of project renovation and
modernization work done by the Authority.
- Selects, trains, and supervises department head staff, and
other employee training and placement.
- Able to institute general office procedures, plan, assign,
direct and review the tasks of workers in compliance with job
descriptions. Education and Experience Education
- A Bachelor's degree in public administration, business
administration, urban studies, or related field.
- Public Housing Manager (PHM) certification is required.
Qualified candidates will be required to meet the PHM requirement
by obtaining certification within six months of employment.
- Any successful candidate will be required to obtain the
Executive Director Education Program certification if not already
- No less than six (6) years of progressively responsible
experience administering low-rent Public Housing and/or Section 8
Programs, including no less than two (2) years as an Executive
Director, Deputy, or top-level manager, at a PHA.
- Experience in successfully managing/administering 1) other
types of subsidized housing programs and/or 2) other complex
entities may be considered. Ideal Candidate The ideal candidate
will ideally possess the following additional skills:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills in dealing
with residents, commissioners, community partners, elected
officials, city, state, and federal partners.
- Ability to cultivate a positive work environment and inspire
staff to the highest levels of excellence.
- Expertise forging strategic partnerships in the public and
- Keen analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A competent working knowledge of public housing software
programs/systems, HUD systems, business applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.), and the internet.
- Experience in affordable housing development using tax credits,
tax exempt bonds, private placement financing, etc.
- Knowledge of local housing markets, government, and community
- Knowledge of federal housing programs and guidelines for grant
applications, as well as pertinent knowledge of federal, state and
local laws, codes and regulations.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with vision and
integrity who will be able to secure and direct resources to meet
the long-term goal of sustaining CHA's performance.
- Widely recognized for industry expertise and leadership.
Keywords: Gans, Gans & Associates, Clarksville , Executive Director, Executive , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!