Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: September 16, 2018
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-including Club Car--, Ingersoll Rand--, Thermo King--, Trane--, American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO-- - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans. Job Summary: This Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for unit electrical system designs for Trane HVAC Commercial products. Responsibilities include main unit control panel and auxiliary control panel design and layout as well as selection and qualification of electrical and electro-mechanical power components, electrical wiring, transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, overloads, variable frequency drives, solid-state starters and wye-delta starters. This position will generate unit electrical designs, control panel prototypes, test documentation and reports along with product documentation necessary to release unit designs to production. Further equipment responsibilities also include integrating the following types of pre-engineered devices into the unit design: low voltage sensors, wireless and wired interconnection devices, and Trane developed HVAC control electronics. The chosen candidate must have the technical expertise to develop and lead product design projects, supervise product validation testing, drive to root cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical agency standards and conduct projects in accordance with standard engineering practices. Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Become familiar with Trane Commercial Chillers, Rooftops and Air-Handler products.
- Develop control box layout designs, wire harness routing and transformer load calculations.
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data.
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians and other team members.
- Administer appropriate agency and regulatory approval processes.
- Develop and/or update Trane electrical purchased part engineering drawings and standards.
- Define, identify and complete appropriate qualification testing activities.
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned projects.
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Coordinate the activities of other engineers or technicians assigned to the project.
- Provide engineering support to the Product Planning and Technical Support Team.
- Support the Order Fulfillment teams as needed to address safety, assembly and quality issues.
- Identify electrical quality and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Execute a wide variety of electrical or quality and productivity improvement projects.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology required and at least 5 years experience in electrical control panel designas Electrical/Controls/Product Engineer in HVAC industry. Key Competencies:
- Strong background in HVAC applications and operating conditions for refrigeration equipment.
- Competency in Microsoft products including, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to lead a team or work as a member of a team.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be tenacious with quality and customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate product safety and design standards; including but not limited to UL/CSA 1995, UL508, UL508A, National Electric Code, ANSI Z21.47, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.
- Basic experience with 3D-CAD applications such as ProE is a plus but is not required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Six Sigma trained or certified a plus but is not required. We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations. If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Clarksville , Electrical Design Engineer, Engineering , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!