Senior Product Engineer
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including
Trane and Thermo King , we create innovative climate solutions for
buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible
for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the
world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a
better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive
at work and at home. We boldly go. This role has been designated as
Hybrid work schedule and will be based out of our Clarksville, TN
location. Flexible work-from-home options are available. Relocation
Assistance is available. This Product Engineer is a key member of
the product development team for large commercial HVAC systems. The
large commercial unitary development organization is charged with
creating competitive designs for packaged and split system air
conditioning systems to meet the needs of demanding customers such
as large offices and data centers. They work intimately with other
departments in engineering, manufacturing, marketing, service and
sourcing in order to create integrated and optimized designs and
support ongoing business activities. This role is responsible for
product development with a focus on refrigeration system
integration and product quality. System integration is the process
of integrating compressors, heat exchangers, fans, expansion valves
and other refrigeration components into a product that meets the
product, manufacturing and service requirements as outlined in a
Product Requirements Document. This includes engineering design and
working with designers to create a documentation package. Ensuring
product quality is the process of preventing quality escapes,
closing knowledge gaps, demonstrating reliability and validating
product requirements. Strong problem solving skills, and
engineering knowledge of HVAC systems and controls are required.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
- Develop HVAC refrigeration and airflow systems to meet
performance requirements, regulatory requirements, quality goals,
and cost targets.
- Review and understand the technical feasibility of product and
- Complete system integration tasks including: engineering
design, layouts and design reviews.
- Design and select robust and cost effective parts and develop
or update Engineering Specifications.
- Support the creation of the documentation package to ensure
documentation reflects the design intent and that all required
documents are completed on time and to the satisfaction of the
- Manage the laboratory testing to complete the product
validation in support of project goals.
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data, including
use of Six Sigma tools and apply Design for Reliability
- Demonstrate that the product meets the product
- Demonstrate that all knowledge gaps, Failures (FRACAS) and
Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) items are
resolved to minimize potential for quality escapes.
- Demonstrate product reliability by working closely with
reliability engineers, supplier quality engineers and laboratory
- Develop robust solutions to technical or quality problems.
- Develop and implement cost savings projects
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians,
and other team members.
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned project
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to two weeks at a time.
Expected travel time 10%. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 5
years work experience in refrigeration design (or closely related)
field is required.
- Master's Degree is preferred. ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Detailed understanding of HVAC system functions including
refrigeration, heat transfer, airflow, and ventilation.
- Good understanding of the application of computer simulation
tools and theory to HVAC system design.
- Experience with application of various components used within
HVAC systems such as coils, compressors, motors, and fans.
- Understanding of reliability engineering tools.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving
- Ability to make progress by completing tasks and deliverables
in a multi-tasking environment (several concurrent assignments) on
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand and organize
information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to follow internal engineering design processes and
- Servant leadership. Base Compensation Range is $68,000 to
$140,000 Disclaimer: This base salary range is based on US national
averages. Actual base pay could be a result of seniority, merit,
geographic location where the work is performed We offer
competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Clarksville , Senior Product Engineer, Engineering , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!