Elementary Teacher - WCES - Position available October 2023 (9305)
Company: Clarksville-Montgomery County School System
Posted on: November 18, 2023
CLARKSVILLE-MONTGOMERY COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM
Job Title: General Teacher Department: Instruction
Calendar: Teacher Calendar (200 days)
Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Date Reviewed: November 2018 Reports To: Building Principal
Purpose of Job
To provide instruction to students in a manner that leads to an
increase in achievement and mastery of state curriculum
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be
construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be
required and assigned.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at
the times designated, by using Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI) as
the instructional model.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the
individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of
- Establishes clear targets for all lessons, class work, and
projects. The targets are explained and communicated to students
throughout the lesson/
- Supports the program of study, using a variety of instructional
techniques, instructional media and technology.
- Serves as a model for the district's mission, vision and
- Assesses the progress of students on a regular basis and
provides progress reports as required.
- Recognizes potential learning disabilities of students and
seeks the assistance of qualified personnel.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required
by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students,
colleagues and parents.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and
rules governing student life and conduct. Develops reasonable rules
of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the
classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for
education-related purposes outside the instructional day when
required or requested to do so.
- Plans, supervises, and provides guidance for teacher aide(s)
and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, and
provides administrators with relevant information regarding his/her
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and serves on staff
- Analyzes and uses appropriate data to guide instruction and
- Maintains a standard of performance and conduct as required by
state, law, local board of education and community
- Provides detailed plans for substitute teachers including
lessons, schedules, and rules regarding classroom organization,
procedures, and individual student needs.
- Supervises pupils at school related functions to include on and
off campus activities.
- Maintains professional competence through ongoing professional
- Establishes and sustains a collaborative work relationship with
staff, faculty and district personnel.
- Proactively communicates with parents/guardians of students to
keep them informed as to the student's academic progress, as well
as college and career readiness skills.
Additional Job Functions
Performs other duties as required.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board's policy on
Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
- A valid Tennessee Teacher's Certificate with the appropriate
KNOWLEDGE OF JOB
Considerable knowledge of the policies, procedures, and activities
of the school system, and supervisory practices as they pertain to
the performance of duties relating to the position. Capability to
develop and implement long-term goals. Knows how to keep abreast of
any changes in statutes, policy, procedures and methods as they
pertain to public education. Is able to effectively communicate and
interact with subordinates, supervisors, members of the general
public, and other groups involved in the operation of the school
system. Is able to assemble information and make written reports
and documents in a concise, clear, and effective manner. Has good
organizational, management, interpersonal, and technical skills. Is
able to use independent judgment and discretion in supervising
subordinates, including the handling of emergency situations,
determining and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting
priorities, maintaining standards, and resolving problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to do occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or
pulling of up to 40 pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending,
stooping or kneeling;
- Must be able to traverse school facility;
- Must have significant fine finger dexterity;
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment including
pertinent and required software applications;
- Must possess excellent language skills (verbal and written)
requiring the ability to read informational documentation,
directions, instructions, policies and procedures related to this
job, requiring the ability to give assignments and/or directions to
co-workers, assistants, supervisors, students and
parents/guardians, requiring the ability to deliver verbal and
written communications in English language;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to
interact with people (staff, supervisors, parents/guardians,
students) and maintain professionalism and tact in all situations,
including emergent ones, must be able to maintain constructive
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Must be able to perform multiple, highly complex, technical
tasks with periodic need to enhance skills in order to meet
changing job conditions.
- Must be able to apply assessment instruments and analyze data
and possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to make independent judgments in absence of
NUMERICAL APTITUDE: Requires the ability to utilize mathematical
formulas; add and subtract totals; multiply and divide; determine
percentages; determine time and weight.
FORM/SPATIAL APTITUDE: Requires the ability to inspect items for
proper length, width, and shape, visually.
PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION: Requires the ability to talk and/or hear:
(talking - expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
words). (Hearing - perceiving nature of sounds by ear).
ATTENDANCE: A regular and dependable level of attendance is an
essential function for this position.
The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the school system may provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss
potential accommodations with the employer. Signatures below
indicate the receipt and review of this job description by the
employee assigned to the job and the immediate supervisor.
Keywords: Clarksville-Montgomery County School System, Clarksville , Elementary Teacher - WCES - Position available October 2023 (9305), Education / Teaching , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!