Company: Fortera Federal Credit Union
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Responsible for graphic design, copywriting, public relations, and
marketing support functions to further short and long-term Credit
Union objectives. Provides copy and professional graphics, images,
and designs for brochures, print advertisements, promotional
handouts, signs, direct mail pieces, newsletters, multimedia
presentations, and the website information page. Coordinates
activities with outside printers, service agencies, advertisers,
and vendors to complete projects within scheduled deadlines and
ensure that printed materials are of the highest quality. Provides
support to the marketing team and other departments on special
projects and copy writing. Responsible for providing excellent
marketing support through promotion of Credit Union products and
services to members and the public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of graphic
- Drive innovation with creative execution across all print and
digital mediums as assigned.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements, ensuring final
graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Create professional designs and layouts for internal and
external materials that enhance Fortera's brand and overall member
experience to include marketing collateral, website attributes,
advertisements, forms, presentations, posters, POS, social media
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams to
produce internal and external deliverables as directed.
- Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic
- Ensures that graphic design activities and written materials
support the image and vision of the marketing plan.
- Develops promotional material for campaigns smaller in nature,
more immediate, or not on the marketing calendar when assigned.
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail throughout
the creative and production process.
- Maintain and update content templates to ensure accurate and
efficient design production.
- Assists in preparation of professional presentations as
- Meets scheduled deadlines.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective working relations, communication, and coordination with
Credit Union personnel and management.
- Consults with other departments to develop graphic designs and
advertising materials which support strategic objectives.
- Works with the marketing team on the inception and development
of creative ideas and concepts related to individual campaigns.
Provides suggestions, ideas, and support to area personnel. Assists
with special projects as needed.
- Works with marketing team to coordinate completion of projects
within established schedules and budgets.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any
- Attends and participates in marketing meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business
relations exist with members, vendors, media contacts, and external
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with agency
partners, vendors, media contacts, and trade professionals.
- Resolves requests, questions, and problems courteously and
professionally. Ensures communications are efficient and
- Ensures that public relations and marketing activities create
positive member, prospective member, and community responses.
- Resolves questions, requests, and problems promptly and
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Participates in community and civic events to promote awareness
of the Credit Union in the community.
- Stays current with financial marketing and public relations
- Attends and participates in all required Credit Union meetings,
trainings, and committees.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and
complies with all regulations which apply within the scope of the
position to include Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Stays current on new operational procedures.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well
- Graphic design assignments are completed professionally and
promptly. Deadlines are met.
- Layouts complement strategic marketing objectives and enhance
- Marketing personnel are well assisted and supported. Ideas and
suggestions are provided.
- Effective working relations and coordination exist with Credit
Union personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- The Credit Union's quality image is projected through marketing
- Positive community, media, and business relations exist with
external service providers (vendors, printers, etc.).
- The Credit Union's professional standards are maintained, and
good business relations exist with members.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of
any significant problems.
- Fortera Core Values are satisfactorily demonstrated.
Special Note: Fortera Federal Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected
Required SkillsRequired Skills/Abilities:
- Accurately assesses cultural environment, exhibiting emotional
intelligence and appropriate sensitivity while maintaining
individuality and authenticity
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven graphic design experience
- Strong portfolio of design work
- Creative and artistic
- Keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain an effective and
- Ability to work independently, as a team, and handle multiple
tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to use various graphic design software packages
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to work well under pressure while always promoting a
professional image of the Credit Union
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Required to work at any Credit Union location that may include
extended hours, holidays or Saturdays.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such
as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers
- Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or
important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive
- Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists,
hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
- Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or
inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs.
of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
None: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as
in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with
problems involving a few variables.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding,
subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; to
perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform
operations with units such as inch, foot, and yard; ounce and pound
(or their metric counterparts).
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction
manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper
punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and
emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent) and variation
in word order; using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- Associate degree in graphic design, art, or a related field, or
equivalent field experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient in graphic design and related software including
Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of pre-press processes including color
techniques, digital file formats, document set-up, typesetting
rules, and printing options and techniques.
- Working knowledge of credit union and financial industry
developments, trends, programs, products & services preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in graphic design or related
Keywords: Fortera Federal Credit Union, Clarksville , Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Clarksville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!